started and stopped Restarting again my informal intro and blog or a creative.
hi everyone
some of you know me for my colorful watercolor art that I create on my limited time off of studying or working in Healthcare.
and some of you are dear friends of faith,laughter and love from motherlands.
I have been creating art since my early 30's
before that well the coloring of anatomy employed my childhood colored pencils.
Before that I used to color as an after school routine to calm down with my siblings in a little gazebo in the backyard.
sure I painted with a shared watercolor set...with my siblings
sure I sketched from community cartoon graphite pencil class.
yet i thought my sketching and images were not so great,
I loved coloring in other peoples art....coloring books!
crayons and colored pencils were in my artistic tool kit
they were beloved.
I would collect more art supplies on travels to visit extended family.
Sadly my creative tool kit was locked up for 15 years.
yes since the age of 14
out with the color of art..
and in with black and white keys of piano lessons
so it looks great in all the pre science applications...
or fulfilling the desires of my parents who always wanted to learn
yet it was not available in India
at that time....of their childhood.
So all asian indian parents obligate their offspring to learn this way.?
maybe..
where does that come from?
that feeling of forced performance.
it is an icky feeling
stiffling
creativity was put on hold for science streams,life science exploring,and finally pre medicine competitive studies...
you would think in medical school
my colors would show through
you would think my creativity would enter into the generous tutoring sessions
or time I would teach a junior where I have mastered topics from countless failures.
NO!
well here I am
My art has supported yoga in an ABCD magazine...
and now my art will be supporting a sort of southasian heritage nature sky tool kit to support mental health.
well
in very simple words
I get to capture the nature breaks I love
and I get to explore the cosmos
and share in color what imagination reveals while learning about sky and planets and more..
I thought I would share my 100 day project trial run of practicing the prompts in a playful way.
No I have not.
My mind between studies and cases got lost in playful art breaks.
I just could not speak or write
as my heart is currently feeling all the heaviness of all that is going on in the world.
the US women health rights ongoing debate
and the unrest in Europe.
Hope to share
my art
and some writing
if you would like a preview
you can watch some of the art making on my Youtube channel
and you can listen into some nature breaks on my Aspiring Nature youtube channel..
My intention of this blog is gifting you the permission to create anything just for you.. if that is art or writing or something of play
as adults we need that release...
ending this informal intro with a
seeeee yaaaaa soon.
Comments
Post a Comment